New – Leading for Inclusion with Cultural Intelligence (An Above Difference Inclusive Leadership & CQ Foundation Programme)
“In summary, this masterclass course is a valuable and commissionable intervention to support senior health system leaders enhance their cultural awareness. It effected a change in participants understanding, a change in their personal approach to leadership and there were indications this would be sustained into the future”
Independent Evaluation of the Above Difference Inclusive Leadership Masterclass by Wessex Academic Health Science Network
12 & 13 December 2022
06 & 08 March 2023
Participants will receive:
£975 +VAT per participant
For December, enrol by:
30 November 2022
Are you a leader who wants to lead difference differently in your organisation? Do you want to enhance the narrative around the Inclusion agenda and learn a new set of skills, capabilities and approaches that will help you lead and engage your workforce in creating a real sense of belonging and Inclusion in your organisation where everyone feels valued, seen and heard?
We believe that when leaders lead well, they commit to leading all people well and we also believe everyone deserves to be well led. At Above Difference we are committed to supporting leaders by helping them find the “how” and enabling them to create inclusive spaces where all feel valued and well led.
We have developed a unique and acclaimed model that takes leaders on a journey of growth, development and change, introducing new models, evidence-based approaches that challenge and changing the traditional approaches to addressing the Inclusion agenda. Our aim is to develop leaders who are able to take a fresh and robust leadership approach and deploy their proven leadership and change management skills to deliver real, strategic and sustainable change for their workforce and stakeholders where it counts.
Drawing on proven leadership theories including Maxwell Leadership, John Kotter, Dave Livermore and Schein, this programme challenges leaders to view Inclusion as a leadership challenge echoing Lord Messenger’s recommendations that ‘EDI should become a universal indicator of how the system respects and values its workforce, and the provision of an inclusive and fair culture should become a key metric by which leadership at all levels is judged’.
The Programme – A Journey to Intentionally Inclusive Leadership
Do you spend your time as a leader managing the diversity statistics or leading inclusion?
- CQ and DISC Assessments to develop your Self Awareness of your strengths, cultural value preferences and biases.
- Two Day Virtual Masterclass aimed at equipping you with new skills, knowledge and capabilities
- Two Apply, Design and Innovate Virtual Workshops offering you an opportunity to work with peers to apply your new learning and develop new culturally intelligent approaches to creating inclusive spaces and services.
- Two Coaching/mentoring Sessions with an Above Difference Expert Facilitator to help you develop your Inclusive Leadership personal learning and growth pathway.
- Access to materials and tools to help you disseminate the learning within your organisations and among your peers.
Join over a growing network of leaders from all backgrounds who are learning through doing difference differently and seeing sustainable changes taking place in their organizations.
“Participants reported their awareness of CQ had improved from the training and ways of working had been adapted , such as by allocating time to reflect on complex situations , being more conscious of how to interact with staff, reflecting on cultural norms when recruiting to posts and increased openness with colleagues about cultural values to understand each other better.” – Independent Evaluation of the Above Difference Inclusive Leadership Masterclass by Wessex Academic Health Science Network
Participants who undertake this programme will walk away with:
- The skills and frameworks for Cultural Intelligence, Inclusive Leadership, Value Based leadership and Change management and an understanding of how to align this with the EDI and workforce development strategies of your organisations.
- The skills to lead and do difference differently, including enhanced cultural awareness and competence, an understanding of how they can manage and lead challenging conversations around Inclusion, culture and equality.
- Enhanced Cultural Intelligence and Inclusive Leadership skills and a deeper understanding of how to apply this in their leadership roles as they develop and lead Inclusive organisations.
- An in-depth understanding of their own Cultural Values, CQ , leadership values and strengths and how to maximise these as they .
- Tools and techniques to apply and disseminate within their organisations to influence and lead other managers in becoming more inclusive to all.